Let’s talk about digestion. Digestion depends a lot on the nuances of each person’s body. Some people have fast digestion, others slow, or specific issues like IBS. I’m not going to get into the graphic details, but I thought nutrition for healthy digestion would be a great topic to cover.
As always with my wellness series, keep in mind that I’m not a nutritionist or a doctor! Each person’s needs depend on their individual bodies and health concerns.
Tips for healthy digestion:
– Drink plenty of water
– Eat raw veggies, which help cleanse your system
– Try an herbal tea, which can help sooth your stomach and calm nerves. My favorite is mint.
– Regular exercise helps keep your system working properly.
– Eat smaller meals with healthy snacks in between when you are hungry, rather than eating huge meals.
– Foods that promote healthy digestion: oatmeal, beans, avocado, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, bran, berries, broccoli, ginger, bananas, cultured yogurt such as Stonyfield Organic, beets, and sweet potatoes
I also started a Pinterest board on “Wellness” if you want to take a peek here.